This Week at IAC …
Innocademy Fun! We have a blast learning and playing.
Reading with a buddy is so much fun!
The Explorers took some time to learn how to look for perfect little things in a nature with Ms. Rachel.
Allegan County Health Department School Mask Mandate: A Note from Mr. Bob, IES Director
Good afternoon Innocademy Allegan families,
The Allegan County Health Department issued an order requiring all Educational Institutions and all Educational Settings that service K-6th grade students shall ensure the consistent and proper wearing of a facial mask covering both nose and mouth while inside any enclosed building or structure of the institution.
So, what does that mean for us?
Starting Thursday, August 19, 2021, all staff, students, and guests are required to wear a mask while on campus or while riding the bus.
- What about 7th & 8th graders, the order says K-6th?
- We asked this question today at the meeting with the health department and the order addresses it as well. The short answer is since they are in the building with K-6th graders, they too are required to wear masks.
- What about recess?
- The order says that masks are not required outdoors unless they are in direct contact with others. So, we are working with our teachers to both provide opportunities to be outside without masks (and physical contact with others), but in situations where students are in direct physical contact and close proximity, they will be required to wear them.
- What about outdoor learning, ODC, or other field trips?
- While riding the bus all persons are required to wear a mask. While outdoors, they are not required to wear a mask unless they are in a situation where students are in direct physical contact with others.
- How long is this going to last?
- The order states that it will remain in place until 6 weeks after a vaccine is made available to persons under 12.
Thank you for partnering with us and our Allegan community to keep our students and staff safe and learning in person.
Below, please find the latest protocols for COVID screening prior to coming to school:
Title and Intervention
Please read to learn more about how Title I funds are used at Innocademy Allegan Campus by clicking on the following link:
Wellness: The state of being in good health
At IES schools, we are committed to the whole child. Each month, we will be sharing information on a different wellness topic to help students and families improve their health and become more happy, healthy learners and people!
School Arrival and Dismissal
You can drop off your child(ren) between 8:30 and 8:45. All middle school students will enter in the side doors of the gym, and elementary students will enter through the courtyard. Parents may walk their child(ren) into their classrooms on the first day of school; however, going forward, we would appreciate having you drop them off at the door. We also ask that you please do not park your car or leave the car in the drop off and bus lane.
Pick up time is at 3:30. Elementary students will go out to the bus through the courtyard and middle school students will use the front door when getting on the bus. For those families that are picking up your child(ren), we will dismiss the students as we see your car move closer to the front doors while in line.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Thanks to a grant from the federal government both breakfast and lunch are FREE to all students again this year! There is no sign up involved in taking advantage of this program. However, we are asking all families to complete the Household Information Report for this school year, which will be sent home soon. It is extremely important that we hear from everyone. Much of our school funding is based on this information. Students will continue to eat in their classrooms for both breakfast and lunch.
August Lunch Menu
Calendar for the 2021-2022 School Year
Please note the first day of school is kicking off with a 1/2 day on Monday, AUGUST 9TH. Students will be dismissed at 12pm.