We look forward to seeing everyone when school resumes on Monday, September 13th!
IAC Mascot Design Contest
*Students are asked to design an IAC mascot. Create a drawing or digital image for our brand new mascot.
*Must tie in the principles of IAC. (PBIS Expectations: https://docs.google.com/…/1UMQSpxO2s3yhfVNDHTAh…/edit…)
*Contest starts Tuesday, August 31 and ends September 17. Please upload your submission here. If you have trouble uploading your submission, please contact the front office and they can assist you.
*Submit your work by 5pm on the 17th by using this link: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSeb6z…/viewform
*We will post all submissions on September 20 by 10am and allow for IAC students, staff, and families to vote. Voting will close on September 22 at 5 P.M.
*The winning design and artist will be revealed on Friday, September 24
8 Tips to Boost Mental Health and Wellness for Students
- Eat Healthy. Attaining a healthy dietcomes with a variety of benefits, such as a boost in your mood and energy level, improved memory, and better overall brain function.
- Get Plenty of Sleep. A lack of sleep may have you feeling tired, unfocused, and overwhelmed.
- Be Active. Regular exercise, such as walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming has been proven to reducesymptoms of anxiety and depression, and improve mood and blood circulation.
- Build a Strong Social Support Network. Reaching out to others can help you overcome feelings of isolation.
- Engage in Hobbies. Whether you enjoypainting, hiking, running, reading a book, or fishing, take time to step away from the demands of your busy lifeand focus on a hobby or activity you enjoy.
- Disconnect from Negativity. When we are stressed out, we often engage in negative behaviors such as eating too uch, too much screen time, and other negative habits.
- Reward Yourself. Recognizing your value and worth, reaching your goals, and accomplishing difficult tasksare just a few things that prove you are doing a good job.
- Be Grateful. When you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, it can be difficult to feel gratitude. Keep a gratitude journal, and focus on the positives in your life. People who regularly express gratitude for the positives in their lives are shown to be happier overall, leading to lower rates of stress and depression.
Student Pick Up Change
We have noticed the congestion during student pick-up. In order to try to eliminate some of the confusion and congestion, we are going to try a new pick up system m starting on Monday, Septamber, 13th. We ask that all parents pick up middle school students at the southeast exit near the butterfly bushes. Once you pick up your middle school student, you can exit the line unless you need to pull forward to pick up your elementary student. All elementary pick ups will pull up to the front doors behind the bus. We would like to pilot this system our first week back and see if it helps alleviate the traffic congestion. Thank you for your patience!