This week at IAC
Esser III Stakeholder Survey
As part of the American Rescue Plan, federal dollars have been set aside for schools to address and respond to the Covid pandemic. We have another round of money becoming available over the next several years called ESSER III funds, and we want to gather feedback from our stakeholders. (The survey will be sent to the board and will be part of the blog this week.)
We will share the feedback before break. More importantly, as we develop our budget, which is part of the application process, we will consider our stakeholders’ feedback.
Please take a few minutes to read through the survey and answer the questions. We ask that it is completed by Monday, December 13th, evening. The survey can be found HERE.
Thank you for your time!
It’s That Time of Year Again- Bring Your Snow Gear
Parents, please send your students with outdoor winter apparel. The temperatures are dropping but we still go outdoors for learning, field trips, and recess. Student should have hats, mittens, winter jackets, boots, and snowpants. Don’t forget to remind your students that we do not throw snowballs at school for safety purposes.
As you know, our end in mind is to keep our students healthy and learning in person.
With confirmed Covid-19 cases on the rise in Allegan County, we are asking that you please remain vigilant in doing a quick check-in with your kiddos before sending them to school each morning.
If your child has…
Any ONE of these:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste/smell
- Confusion or change in mental status
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips or nail beds, depending on skin tone
- Inability to wake or stay awake
Any TWO of these:
- Fever of 100.4 or feeling feverish
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or Runny nose
As always, report absences to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-561-4050.
TO REPORT A POSITIVE COVID CASE FOR YOUR CHILD(REN):
2. Include in the email…
- date of symptom onset
- date of positive test result
- vaccination status of student as that impacts time out of school, if at all
3. Expect to get an email reply within 24 hours on the next steps…in the meantime please keep your child(ren) homeThank you for your help and continued support.