Early Release: Friday, September 20th
Just a reminder that this Friday, September 20th, is a 1/2 day for all students, as teachers have professional development in the afternoon.
School will be dismissed at 12:00. There is no lunch served, and the bus schedule will run 3 1/2 hours earlier. As always, we ask that you plan on being at the bus stop at least five minutes prior to the adjusted time.
Last night at the Parent Meeting, we talked about an enrollment challenge for all. Students will receive $100 in their field experience accounts for each student referral who enrolls with us. Please make sure your friend(s) let us know that you made the referral in order to give credit to your account. If you have any questions, please contact Marty.
School Enhancement Team (SET)
During the 2015-2016 school year, a group of parents and staff, along with the help of a consultant, came together to help define what Community Engagement looks like for IAC. At that time, we came up with the following:
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PLAN
“Participating. Activating. Reciprocating. Contributing. Partnering. Collaborating. Welcoming.”
To be a school which daily engages in GIVING and SERVING through cultivation of relationships with diverse members of the greater Fennville communities.
From this definition, we developed five key areas of focus which will benefit from deep engagement in the greater Fennville community, and as a result, we created the School Enhancement Team (SET).
1. Community Impact planning – Identifying and engaging those individuals and business –The Community – with whom we can be far stronger together than we can on our own
2. New Program Development planning – Empowered high caliber teaching and programs based on the needs of our customer and the benefit to the community
3. Resource Development planning – Asset-based Development – everything we are, have and do is utilized to determine how we generate more resources
4. Whole Child Development planning – Established Ideal Graduate profile and supporting programming
5. Whole Family Development Services – A resource outlet for families who need information/instruction/connection on various issues relating to the family unit and its well being
So, what’s next? We would love to form the 2019-2020 School Enhancement Team of parents and staff who aren’t afraid of jumping in and helping make these key factors a reality. If you’re interested in helping fulfill this vision, please contact Marty, along with a convenient day for you to meet — probably after-school.
Have a great week!
Your IAC Team